- Ph.D. Counseling, Florida Atlantic University
- M.S. Mental Health Counseling, Nova Southeastern University
- B.A. English, Dartmouth College
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy for people with Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder -National Alliance on Mental Illness, Lake Worth, FL
- Affiliate Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Northwestern University
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – St. Bonaventure University
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Human Services – Palm Beach State College, Lake Worth, FL
- Research Assistant in Counseling – Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton & Jupiter, FL
- Therapist at College Mental Health Center – Palm Beach State College, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Therapist in Inpatient Psychiatric Unit – Broward General Medical Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Case Manager in Juvenile Dependency and Delinquency – Children’s Home Society, West Palm Beach, FL
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor – MH14175 Florida
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- Qualified Supervisor for Registered Mental Health Counseling Interns (QS)
- Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator (CFMHE)
- Parenting Coordination
- Binensztok, V. (2021, July). Multicultural child maltreatment risk assessment: Effective evaluation for diverse populations. Routledge.
- Binensztok, V., & Vastardis, T.E. (2019). Child abuse assessment strategy and inventories. In L. Sperry (Ed.), Family assessment: Contemporary and cutting-edge strategies (3nd ed.). Routledge.
- Binensztok, V., Vastardis, T. E., & Gill, C. S. (2018). Spiritual and religions interventions in “Third Wave” cognitive-behavioral therapies. In C. S. Gill & R. R. Freund, Spirituality and religion in counseling: Competency-based strategies for ethical practice (pp. 132-146). Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2018, Fall). Adlerian Pattern-Focused Therapy: A treatment manual. The Journal of Individual Psychology, 74(3), 309-348.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (In Press). Ultra-brief cognitive-behavioral interventions: A new practice model for mental health and integrated care. Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2019). Learning and practicing Adlerian therapy. Cognella.
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association – Teacher Affiliate
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Palm Beach County Chapter
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level I – Gottman Institute
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level II – Gottman Institute
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy – Linehan Institute
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy – University of Pittsburgh
- Exposure Therapy for Anxiety – Linehan Institute
- Forensic Mental Health Evaluation – National Board of Forensic Mental Health Evaluators
- Parenting Coordination – The National Cooperative Parenting Center
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training, Mediation Training Network
Community Involvement – Giving Back
- Board of Directors – Vita Nova, Inc., West Palm Beach, FL
- 13 Subtle Thoughts That Could Be Signs Of High-Functioning Anxiety
- 5 Qualities Every Healthy Relationship Should Have
- 7 Expert Tips to Help You Cope With Big Life Changes
- Broke up with your S.O.? Avoid doing these 9 things on social media, according to relationship experts
- Easy to Implement Self Care Tips Mental Health Professionals Swear By
- How to Write an Apology Letter to a Friend
- 5 Strategies For Dealing With Stress That Got Me Through Quarantine
- Five acceptance-based strategies to help you become anxiety-resilient
As featured in
A PERSONAL NOTE
I founded Juno Counseling and Wellness to create a safe, comfortable space for people to escape to, share what’s bothering them, and improve their lives.
I know what it’s like to be in a position where it seems like all roads are closed and how important it is to have someone competent, patient, and understanding to talk to.
Through both my professional and personal experiences, I have a realistic understanding of life, people, and problems. I find that sometimes, things start to make more sense when we look at them from a different angle. Understanding complicated issues and gaining meaningful insight are my greatest strengths as a therapist. Whatever your problem is, you will not shock me and you will not incur my judgment. I have worked with many complex situations and I can help you as well.
A little more about me: I enjoy arts and culture, literature, and random knowledge. I am also an animal lover and enjoy traveling and experiencing new things. I am passionate about my work, friends, and the things I care about, being both a serious person and someone who loves to laugh. I am originally from Brooklyn, NY.
PROUDLY A MEMBER
Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce