VASSILIA BINENSZTOK, PHD, LMHC, NCC
Ph.D. Counseling, Florida Atlantic University
M.S. Mental Health Counseling, Nova Southeastern University
B.A. English, Dartmouth College
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy for people with Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder – National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Florida Atlantic University; Lynn University
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Human Development – Palm Beach State College
- Research Assistant in Counseling – Florida Atlantic University
- Supervision of Graduate Counseling Students – Florida Atlantic University
- Therapist at College Mental Health Center – Palm Beach State College
- Therapist in Inpatient Psychiatric Unit – Broward General Medical Center
- Case Manager in Juvenile Dependency and Delinquency – Children’s Home Society
Licensed Mental Health Counselor – MH14175 Florida
National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- Binensztok, V., Vastardis, T. E. (2019). Child abuse assessment strategy and inventories. In L. Sperry (Ed.), Family assessment: Contemporary and cutting-edge strategies (3nd ed.). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Binensztok, V., Vastardis, T. E., & Gill, C. S. (2018). Spiritual and religious interventions in “third wave” cognitive behavioral therapies. In C. S. Gill & R. R. Freund, Spirituality and religion in counseling: Competency-based strategies for ethical practice (pp. 132-146). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2018, Fall). Adlerian Pattern-Focused Therapy: A treatment manual. The Journal of Individual Psychology, 74(3), 309-348.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (In Press). Ultra-brief cognitive-behavioral interventions: A new practice model for mental health and integrated care. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2019). Learning and practicing Adlerian therapy. San Diego, CA: Cognella.
- Stoupas, G., Binensztok, V., & Sperry, L. (2018). Understanding the spiritual domain through case conceptualization. In C. S. Gill & R. R. Freund, Spirituality and religion in counseling: Competency-based strategies for ethical practice (pp. 64-81). New York, NY: Routledge.
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association – Teacher Affiliate
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Palm Beach County
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy — Level II
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy
A PERSONAL NOTE
I founded Juno Counseling and Wellness to create a safe, comfortable space for people to escape to, share what’s bothering them, and improve their lives.
I know what it’s like to be in a position where it seems like all roads are closed and how important it is to have someone competent, patient, and understanding to talk to.
Through both my professional and personal experiences, I have a realistic understanding of life, people, and problems. Sometimes, things don’t make sense until you look at them from a different angle. Understanding and working with complicated issues and gaining meaningful insight are my greatest strengths as a therapist. Whatever your problem is, you will not shock me and you will not incur my judgment. I have worked with many complex situations and I can help you as well.
A little more about me: I enjoy arts and culture, literature, and random knowledge. I am also an animal lover and enjoy traveling and experiencing new things. I am passionate about my work, friends, and the things I care about, being both a serious person and someone who loves to laugh. I am originally from Brooklyn, NY.
PROUDLY A MEMBER
Palm Beach North Chamber of Commerce
Women’s Chamber of Commerce – PBC
Juno Beach Civic Association