VASSILIA BINENSZTOK, MS, LMHC, NCC
Ph.D.(in progress) Counseling, Florida Atlantic University
M.S.Mental Health Counseling, Nova Southeastern University
B.A. English, Dartmouth College
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy for people with Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder – National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Human Development – Palm Beach State College
- Research Assistant in Counseling – Florida Atlantic University
- Supervision of Graduate Counseling Students – Florida Atlantic University
- Therapist at College Mental Health Center – Palm Beach State College
- Therapist in Inpatient Psychiatric Unit – Broward General Medical Center
- Case Manager in Juvenile Dependency and Delinquency – Children’s Home Society
Licensed Mental Health Counselor – MH14175 Florida
1st Place Heat Winner – 3-Minute Thesis – Florida Atlantic University
- Binensztok, V., Vastardis, T. E., & Gill, C. S. (2018). Spiritual and religious interventions in “third wave” cognitive behavioral therapies. In C. S. Gill & R. R. Freund, Spirituality and religion in counseling: Competency-based strategies for ethical practice (pp. 132-146). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2018, Fall). Adlerian-pattern focused therapy: A treatment manual. The Journal of Individual Psychology, 74(3), 309-348.
- Stoupas, G., Binensztok, V., & Sperry, L. (2018). Understanding the spiritual domain through case conceptualization. In C. S. Gill & R. R. Freund, Spirituality and religion in counseling: Competency-based strategies for ethical practice (pp. 64-81). New York, NY: Routledge.
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association – Teacher Affiliate
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Palm Beach County
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy
A PERSONAL NOTE
I founded Juno Counseling Center because it was my dream to create a safe, soothing space for people to escape to, share what’s bothering them, and improve their lives. I know what it’s like to be in a position where it seems like all roads are closed and how important it is to have someone competent, patient, and understanding to talk to. I want to provide this service for you.
Time after time, people tell me they feel very comfortable talking to me. They find not only that I am soothing and caring, but they feel they can tell me anything. This is not a quality I work on, it’s just who I am. Through both my professional and personal experiences, I have a realistic understanding of life, people, and problems. Sometimes things seem to not make sense until you look at them from a different angle. Being able to listen to and deal with complicated issues and gain meaningful insight are my two greatest strengths as a therapist. Whatever your problem is, you will not shock me and you will not incur my judgment. I’ve worked with many complex situations and I can help you as well.Outside of counseling and teaching, I enjoy arts and culture, literature, philosophy, and nature. I am also an animal lover and am passionate about enriching the local community.