Dr. Vassilia Binensztok, LMHC, NCC
I help people reclaim their personal power from the difficulties they have experienced. We don’t have to be defined by our trauma, anxiety, and damaging relationships. I take the time to hear you as an individual. Together, we will figure out the root cause of what you are experiencing and identify ways you can take back control. Our greatest strengths are often found in our darkest times. I will help you find your personal strengths and become more resilient and satisfied with life.
It’s not just about what happens to us but about how we experience those events personally, based on what is most important to us. I love helping people connect the dots between their life experiences and their personal needs and values to understand how to heal from the past and move forward to a brighter future. When we stop judging ourselves and start honoring our experiences, we can discover so many wonderful possibilities.
I work with individuals, including teens and children. Many couples and families seek out my services as well, whether they are trying to repair the hurt in their relationships or find amicable ways to divorce and co-parent.
As a clinical expert in anxiety, depression, and complex trauma, with over a decade of experience, I have successfully worked with many challenging issues. I have additional trainings in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Exposure Therapy for anxiety, childhood trauma therapy, and Triple-P Positive Parenting.
Please call for a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation and click below to learn more!
- Ph.D. Counseling, Florida Atlantic University
- M.S. Mental Health Counseling, Nova Southeastern University
- B.A. English, Dartmouth College
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy for people with Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder -National Alliance on Mental Illness, Lake Worth, FL
- Affiliate Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Northwestern University
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – St. Bonaventure University
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Adjunct Professor of Psychology and Human Services – Palm Beach State College, Lake Worth, FL
- Research Assistant in Counseling – Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton & Jupiter, FL
- Therapist at College Mental Health Center – Palm Beach State College, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Therapist in Inpatient Psychiatric Unit – Broward General Medical Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Case Manager in Juvenile Dependency and Delinquency – Children’s Home Society, West Palm Beach, FL
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor – MH14175 Florida
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Board Certified TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- Qualified Supervisor for Registered Mental Health Counseling Interns (QS)
- Certified Forensic Mental Health Evaluator (CFMHE)
- Parenting Coordination
- Binensztok, V. (2021, July). Multicultural child maltreatment risk assessment: Effective evaluation for diverse populations. Routledge.
- Binensztok, V., & Vastardis, T.E. (2019). Child abuse assessment strategy and inventories. In L. Sperry (Ed.), Family assessment: Contemporary and cutting-edge strategies (3nd ed.). Routledge.
- Binensztok, V., Vastardis, T. E., & Gill, C. S. (2018). Spiritual and religions interventions in “Third Wave” cognitive-behavioral therapies. In C. S. Gill & R. R. Freund, Spirituality and religion in counseling: Competency-based strategies for ethical practice (pp. 132-146). Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2018, Fall). Adlerian Pattern-Focused Therapy: A treatment manual. The Journal of Individual Psychology, 74(3), 309-348.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (In Press). Ultra-brief cognitive-behavioral interventions: A new practice model for mental health and integrated care. Routledge.
- Sperry, L., & Binensztok, V. (2019). Learning and practicing Adlerian therapy. Cognella.
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association – Teacher Affiliate
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Palm Beach County Chapter
- International Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level I – Gottman Institute
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy – Level II – Gottman Institute
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy – Linehan Institute
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy – University of Pittsburgh
- Exposure Therapy for Anxiety – Linehan Institute
- Forensic Mental Health Evaluation – National Board of Forensic Mental Health Evaluators
- Parenting Coordination – The National Cooperative Parenting Center
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediation Training, Mediation Training Network
Community Involvement – Giving Back
- Board of Directors – Vita Nova, Inc., West Palm Beach, FL
Kalia Fleming MSW, LCSW
- Trauma in children
- Children’s behavioral Issues
- BIPOC issues
- Life Transitions
- Sandtray Therapy
- Play Therapy
Hi. I am Kalia! I am a Registered Clinical Social Work Intern. More specifically I am someone that enjoys sparking change in people’s lives. Are you currently feeling stuck in life? Do you encounter environmental stressors, trauma responses, and destructive coping mechanisms? Together, we will work on strategies that allow you to address the root causes of your difficulties. One of my biggest goals as a therapist is to validate you and to foster a safe place where you can feel comfortable to process your feelings.
I specialize in psychotherapy for childhood trauma, anxiety, BIPOC issues, life transitions, and behavioral issues. I provide therapy for children, teens, and young adults.
When I’m not working, I enjoy, going to the beach, gardening, kayaking, and spending time with family and friends. I look forward to working with you to make lifelong changes!
- Barry University – Master in Social Work with a Focus in Trauma Informed Care
- Florida Atlantic University – Bachelor Degree in Social Work
- Program Evaluations
- Single Subject Design Research
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional Certification
- Trauma Focused CBT Certification
- Trauma Informed Care
- Center for Child Counseling, West Palm Beach, FL – Co-Located Therapist
- Henderson Behavioral Health, Lake Worth, FL – Youth Trauma Therapist
- Rally Point Substance Abuse Treatment Center West Palm Beach, FL – Student Therapist
- Behavioral Strides Therapy Delray Beach, FL – therapist
- South County Mental Health Delray Beach, FL -student therapist /Adult Case Manager
- Office of the State Attorney West Palm Beach, FL -Victim Advocate Intern
As humans, we are naturally wired to seek connection and acceptance, which can make it feel difficult to reach out for support from others in our lives during trying times. It’s common to feel stuck and insecure in how to proceed, whether this may be individual, relationship or family struggles. Whatever it is you are experiencing, I am prepared to support and guide you to let the best you shine through and overcome the various life stressors with confidence. I believe in the power of accessing emotions to gain clarity into your life and into yourself, allowing you to implement healthy changes to establish a fulfilling existence.
My therapy focuses on self-esteem, stress, empowerment, life transitions, communication, co-dependency, sex, sexuality and relationship issues. I use a compassionate and non-judgmental, humanistic therapy approach utilizing various therapy modalities to cater to each individualized need. I have years of practice in CBT, DBT and am certified in emotionally focused therapy for individuals and couples. I am passionate about helping others, and love working with relationship dynamics.
My counseling journey begins with a background in Health Sciences with a minor in Psychology at Northeastern University where I received my bachelor’s in science degree. I continued my education at Florida Atlantic University earning my master’s in education for Clinical Mental Health Counseling. During my master’s degree, I worked my clinical internships at various substance abuse treatment centers helping individuals as well as their significant others and families. I am originally from Stockholm, Sweden and moved to Florida 15 years ago, and thus am also available to offer therapy in Swedish.
When I am not working, I love spending my time with my son, friends, and family. I am a foodie and love to experience new cuisines and find great places to eat. I enjoy traveling and exploring new places, including locally- every city has their hidden gems!
- Chi Sigma Iota- Counseling Honors Society
- Phi Kappa Phi- Academic Honor Society
- Northeastern University Huntington 100 Award- Outstanding Student Achievement Honor
- Young Global Leader Program- Northeastern University
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy- Level 1 & 2
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy- Sex as a safe adventure connecting Sexually and Emotionally
Life is hard. We all need support along the way—whether to manage everyday stressors or navigate significant life changes. Therapy can help you develop greater resilience, confidence, and self-awareness throughout all walks of life.
I am pursuing my Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Northwestern University specializing in psychotherapy for adults. As part of my degree, I am completing my Practicum and Internship under the supervision of Dr. Vassilia Binensztok and other Northwestern faculty. In addition, I work as a career coach serving graduate students at the McIntire School of Commerce and Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia. I have coached students ranging from recent college graduates to corporate executives with a variety of personal and professional goals. Prior to becoming a counselor, I worked in wealth management and consulting, and received a M.S. in Commerce and B.A. in History from the University of Virginia.
I foster clients’ growth by providing a nonjudgmental environment, attentive listening, insightful questioning, and genuine support. My therapeutic style is warm and collaborative with a dose of humor. I believe in an integrative approach and draw upon experience with methods including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Person-Centered Therapy. My specializations include anxiety, stress, depression, career development, and life transitions.
Our awesome office manager Ashley is currently studying for her Bachelor’s degree in graphic design at Florida Atlantic University. In her free time she enjoys drawing, reading, swimming, and hiking
This contact form is meant for general inquiries. We will respond within 1-3 regular business days. If you are experiencing an emergency, considering harming yourself, or harming someone else, please call 911 immediately. Please be aware that Juno Counseling and Wellness does not have a crisis hotline and is not equipped to handle acute crises. We are not liable for any emergencies reported to us through this contact form, business voicemail, email, or social media pages. Dial 911 for all emergencies.